Spring is in the air, everywhere I look around. I don’t know what it is about the changing of the seasons that leaves one so susceptible to the compulsion to reflect and renew (and clean – or maybe that’s just me?!) but I find myself looking back at the last few months and feeling a little underwhelmed. The desire to kick-start my commitments is officially ignited and maybe it’s foolish, maybe it’s wise but the ability to improve myself is something that I must believe in.
So, with no further ado, the things we are looking forward to this Spring:
- Singing more often: thank you John Paul Young for the corny introduction to this goal. Kick Spring off with a song – you won’t regret it.
- Writing: I got lost there for a little while… Some of you may have noticed. I only published one post in February and that’s just not okay. I unconsciously deprioritised (is that a word?) one of the things that is most important to me and my well-being. Back up it goes. You’ll be hearing more from me from now on, whether you like it or not!
- Flowers: We took a tour of the snowdrops at Hodsock Priory a couple of weekends ago (there’s still time to see them), which was utter bliss despite being freezing cold. The season passes far too quickly to waste any time so we’ll definitely be going out of our way to stop and smell the roses, daffodils, jonquils, bluebells etc.
- Pedicures: Because who honestly bothers during Winter?
- Easter: Of course. Last year it was coloured beautifully by a trip to Kedleston Hall for one of their organised Easter Egg Hunts, which I recommend wholeheartedly to anyone looking for something to do. I hope we can muster a trip again this year. Another reason I am looking forward to it is two-fold. First, it is one of my free-pass non-sugar-free days (watch out chocolate bunnies) and secondly, I gave up bread for Lent… I did not think I would miss it quite this much.
- Hanging washing outside: Sad. I know.
So bring on Spring and may it be a beautiful, memorable one.
In the rising of the sun,